Google

Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Phucked Security Gates in SMU

The other day, something really unfortunate happened to me. On the day when SMU officially open its City Campus. As I was walking out of a security gate, the gate close on me and slammed my face. It was so painful that it's still painful now, even though it's already been two days.

Feeling pretty upset about the whole thing, I wrote in to the school's Office of Facilities Management. Below is a copy of what I wrote in to them:

Hello,
I'm a present student in SMU and today, something unfortunate happen. As I was walking out of a security gate at SESS building, the gate shut on me. The gate was opened, so i walked through it. However, instead of remaining open, the gate slammed right on my face, bruising my right face. If i had lowered my head a bit more and walked through the gate, my head would have been severed from my body by the huge force of the closing gate. I'm not sure if the gate is under service, but there should be more safety provisions, as it could pose a potential safety threat to fellow SMU members. It might be in the interest of the whole SMU community to look into the design of the present security gate design on the part of the school to
see if the design can be improved to prevent the gates from becoming potential safety hazards. Security gates are used in many places, and many places have also shown that such gates can be secure and yet, not pose itself as a safety hazard. Kindly look into this matter. Thank you!

If you don't believe me, go and try the gate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home