Google

Friday, April 20, 2007

The Secret

I've just watched a video called "The Secret". The content is pretty mind-blowing. I've always been an advocate for positive thinking ever since I started reading up books on neuro-linguistic programming, or NLP, from the beginning of this year.

The gist of the video is about the secret of the law of attraction. When you think about the good things, they would come to you naturally. It works the same way for the bad things as well. This is something new, something which I didn't exactly come across in my readings. However, it does make a lot of sense. You get what you think, as simple as that. If you keep thinking about the immense debts that you've got, you will just get more of it, based on the law of attraction. On the other hand, if you keep thinking of achieving your goals, you will get it.

I know I'm going to get some violent objections here, like, some might say that they have made goals to achieve certain things, but did not achieve it in the end. Does it mean that making goals is ineffective? It is not! Goals are achievable only with actions. You need to put in action to achieve what you desire, but a lot of people miss out on this point! You can't get the chicken to grow up and lay eggs if you don't feed it.

Some of you might have had goals, achieved part of it but never quite fulfil all that was set out in the goals. The Secret says that in such instances, we need to be grateful for what we have. For instance, one might set out to earn a million in a year, but only got 950,000 in the end. That's really good actually. When we show gratitude and give thanks for what we have, the law of attraction works by giving more of what we desire. So that 1 million is not too far off!

It is precisely of all these positive thinking that I've stopped writing about negative things on my little blog here for a long long time. I want all the good things to come into my life and I can see them coming in already. I'm thankful for being able to finish my undergraduate education in SMU, I'm grateful for having food everyday, I'm thankful for everything that my parents have done for me, I'm grateful for all the little things I have gotten in life. I'm thankful.

Do catch this video if you get the chance. It's pretty inspiring and definitely changes lives and perceptions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home