Google

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

100% of the 50%, NOT..

Well, Mr Brown never cease to amuse everyone with his infamous podcasts. And this time, SMUT takes the limelight! My school's in the limelight! Wheeee!!!

Well, 3 short years in this school and everything's coming to an end. And yes, I can't help but to agree with the stuff in that podcast. All the pre-networking pre-briefing event and whatever sounds all too familiar for us. I wouldn't say that I have wasted my time in this school. I mean, I've learned some important life skills here, like interpersonal communications and presentation skills, and how NOT to be a "backside poker" (read: backstabber). However, the layman on the street ain't all that dumb.. Look at the results of the infamous "survey". If you've got 100% "hit-rate" for the 1st year, that's possible, since the graduating batch is quite small. When you get the same "hit-rate" for the 2nd year, it's still barely acceptable. By the 3rd year, the number of graduates have already increased exponentially, so a 100% "hit-rate" didn't seem as credible as before. Besides, if only 100% of the 50% of graduates (who found a job) are interviewed, naturally there would have been a 100% "hit-rate". Besides, what about the remaining 50% who were not interviewed and who did not get a job? They would be perplexed by the "truth" and go around telling others the TRUTH. That they did not get a job, nor were they interviewed. Period.

I'm sure it doesn't take rocket science to realize something as fundamental as this. Yet, this "obtuse" glob in level 7 of SMUT administration building failed to see this and put everyone to shame! Sad to say, but lying to get there wouldn't get you anywhere.

For me, I don't even care if I'm in the "100% of the 50%" in the next employment survey. Even if I've been "shortlisted" by the fat glob to be in the "100% of the 50%", I'm gonna return a "funky" reply to them. Fuck off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home