Google

Saturday, April 15, 2006

The heaviest rain ever

The rain yesterday was one of the heaviest rains I've ever seen. As I was preparing to go out yesterday, I looked out of the window and didn't think that the rain was going to last that long. Once I got out of my door, my pants and part of my shirt was wet already.

Walking on, I thought it wasn't going to be so bad, since there was a sheltered walkway, but when I got to the walkway, it was flooded and filled to the 'brim'. At that point in time, I so wanted to walk back and changed into the shortest shorts and a pair of flip-flops, but knowing that I was late for an appointment, I pressed on, pulling up my pants so they don't get wet. I felt like an old uncle... It was an ugly sight... The water was up to my calves...

The worst wasn't over yet. When I cross the road at the traffic light, I got more wet. By the time I finished crossing the road, I was really upset with the rain, so upset that I really wanted to get to Orchard and just go into my favourite boutique and get the shortest shorts and the skimpiest tanktop they have!

I really wonder what the town council has done to combat this situation whereby water has nowhere to flow to and up end flooding the roads near my place... And no, I don't live in Potong Pasir or Hougang...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jois C. said...

Hey.. Mr Bedok... dun dream to live in potong pasir or hougang! Haha.. maybe for all you noe, hougang is flooded to the knees! HAHAHAHA.....

9:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home