Google

Friday, May 12, 2006

Roadblock

I was in town today and I felt like I was in The Amazing Race! I encountered so many roadblocks, but this time, I don't really have a choice between two tasks, each with its pros and cons.

I just finished gym and was walking towards Ngee Ann City. I had to go over to collect a cake for my Mom, so even though it was drizzling slightly, I had no choice. And I forgot my umbrella... At the Taka entrance opposite Mandarin Hotel, there was a sudden buildup of a crowd. People were just standing there and blocking the way! There were still people coming in from behind, standing in the rain, but these people who already got into shelter have totally no regards for those who are still in the rain! Talk about civic-mindedness...

When I got into Taka already, there was yet another group of nonsense who were blocking up the escalator. Why do people like to block up the 'strategic locations'? Don't they realise that they are gathering bad karma by wasting other people's time?

It's such a frustrating situation in Singapore. I've never gotten such nonsense when I was visiting in Aussie some years back. Not in Taiwan too. In fact, the Taiwanese are very civic-minded, like, in the train station escalators, they will keep to the right (Taiwanese drive on the right, similar to the US) if they are not rushing. In Singapore, people just stand anyway they like, not considering the inconvenience they bring to other people who might be rushing and coming from behind. Many of these people are worse than dogs... At least dogs know who they should poop...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home